8.29.2009

Blue

Blue. That's a) the color of Mollie's mouth AND b) my mood lately. I found out on Wednesday morning that I have thrush. Yay. I have refrained from mentioning it on here, but I've had lots and lots of issues with breastfeeding this time around. I don't know how long I've had it, but I have something going on pretty much since Mollie was 1 week old. Now, it wasn't thrush back then, but I'm not exactly sure when it started. So on top of the pain that I'm dealing with, I have to take medicine, cut sugar, increase water, sterilize everything, yada-yada-yada. Oh, and use this stuff in Mollie's mouth that makes it blue. Like crazy blue. Elizabeth had a little boy in the nursery at church a couple weeks ago whose parents were using the same thing but didn't mention it. The girls in the nursery thought the baby had gotten hold of a marker and and were freaking out. THAT kind of blue. Fun.

I have some good news. We ended up seeing the doctor today about Mollie's thrush, and they said we should stop using the blue stuff (yay!) even though they were the ones who told us to start using it. That's ok. Now she'll be on the same medication that I'm on. Hopefully it works quickly for both of us! I am sooooooooo ready to just have a normal nursing experience. So. Ready!

You can't completely tell, but here's Mollie a couple days ago with the blue stuff. It really looks so odd in person. We're so relieved to be able to stop using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment