2.13.2010

(Further) Proof

that I have the best hubby ever!

Brad told me on Thursday that he had gone shopping for groceries to make a surprise Valentine's Day dinner for us on Friday night. I was so excited and had no idea what he could be making!

I walked into the house Friday after work to find it smelling really good - and very familiar, but I couldn't place it. Brad said, "Welcome to The Melting Pot!" He found recipes for all of our favorite things at The Melting Pot and made them from scratch! Once he said that, I knew it smelled EXACTLY like The Melting Pot in our house! :)

We had teriyaki-marinated steak, shrimp, pot-stickers, mushrooms, and red potatoes in Court Boullion with potsticker sauce, red plum sauce, and Green Goddess (my faaaaaaavorite!!). We stuffed ourselves and had so much fun eating! Then later on when we weren't quite so stuffed anymore, we had "The Original" chocolate fondue (made with Ghiradelli chocolate and a little peanut butter) with marshmallows, chocolate cheesecake, plain cheesecake, angel food cake, brownie bites, and strawberries (again, my favorite!!). I cannot tell you how much fun it was and how GOOD everything was - or how stuffed we were! Oh, and for those of you thinking, "yeah, but he probably spent just as much as they would have eating at The Melting Pot . . ." NOT true!! He spent less than half, and we had way more food! :)

Brad rocks (no surprise there though). The End.

Oh - and I really should have taken pics of the main course spread, but I was too busy stuffing my face. Here's just one - and then . . . dessert!!!

1 comment: