3.11.2009

How time flies!

I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since I posted anything! Time really flies! I know I've been terrible about taking and posting pictures lately, but I'm really excited for the nice weather and better light! More pictures will be up soon!

Speaking of pictures, I missed doing "10 x 10" yesterday, but that's ok because again, I planned to do it on a stay-at-home day rather than a work day. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be cold tomorrow, so we probably won't have any "side" pictures, but that's ok. :) Tune in tomorrow or Friday for a day's worth of pics!

Well, baby planning stuff is in full swing around our place. We're closer to deciding on a name and decorations for the baby's room. We also have decided to go ahead and move Natalie into a big girl bed in her current room instead of buying another crib. I'm worried about some rough nights, but I think it will work out. I really think she'll like it and it will save us a lot of money and it will be easier to make the transition now than once the baby is here. We'll let everyone know how it goes!

It's hard to believe that Natalie will be 18 months old tomorrow! I will have to take a picture in her chair with the pink bear as one of our photos! She is growing into such a "little girl," and we have more fun with her every day. We think she's kinda quirky (in a good way), and she's also pretty independent, very strong-willed, and at times we think the only word she knows is "no," but that's really not the case. We sat down and tried to count how many words she knows, and we were astounded! She uses more every day, and it's fun to be able to communicate with her better. I think my favorite new word of hers is "help," because it sounds really cute coming from her, and also because I'm glad she's decided to use this a lot rather than the previous method of pointing and grunting when she wants up or down or whining if she thinks she's stuck somewhere!

Another example of her communicating new things all the time was yesterday morning. I was getting her dressed, and after I put her pants on, I helped her sit up so we could put her shirt on. She sat up and looked at her pants, which were covered in big colored polka dots with snowflakes/flowers in the center. She pointed to one, and happily said, "preee!" I hadn't heard that before, and it took me a minute to figure out she thought her pants were "pretty!" I thought that was pretty cute! :) She's never paid much attention to what she was wearing - or given her opinion about it - before!

We're still working on potty training, and she is doing really well with it. We probably just need to buckle down and try out some training pants if we want it to really work consistently. I guess we're taking a laid-back approach and I'm not sure what the best thing to do at this point is. She does have her 18-month appointment next Monday, so I'll probably ask her doctor her opinion. We just love her, and her adivce is usually spot-on.

Well, I'd better finish my lunch and get back to work. Like I said, check back in the next couple of days for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment