8.31.2010

Natalieisms, Take 2 (and 3 and 4)

OK I have another few minutes, so here's another (well, three more actually).

TWO
A little over a week ago, Natalie and I went to her dance studio to get her leotard, tights, and shoes. When we left, it was lunchtime, so I asked her if she wanted to go to lunch with just the two of us or if she wanted to get lunch and take it home and eat with Daddy & Mollie. She thought and thought and thought, finally deciding that we she wanted to stop and eat "there" so, she wanted just Natalie & Mommy. So we went to Chick Fil-a, and she has a bad habit of getting out of her seat once she decides she's done and kind of dancing around the table. So I had a brillant idea to sit at the TALL tables. I thought she'd think it was fun PLUS she wouldn't be able to slip out of her seat easily. So, for once, my plan worked. She giggled when I sat her up on the big chair, and instantly said, "Mollie could not reach me up here!" Success!

On the way out of the parking lot to go home, she said, "Mommy it's two. One, two." and held up two fingers and counted them. I said, "Two what?" She replied, "Two girls! Me and you! One, two!" I told her that she was exactly right.

THREE
After visiting the doctor for the second time in one week, I told the girls we'd go meet Brad for lunch. Natalie kept telling me, "I want the two girls." I said ok, not really knowing what she meant. I figured she was talking about a song or something. She kept repeating it though, so finally I told her I wasn't sure what she meant, and she'd have to explain. Finally, she hemmmd and hawwwed and said, "I want the two girls. One, two (holding up two fingers). Just Mommy and Natalie. To eat." Ooops! It took a few minutes, but I finally convinced her that we'd go again sometime, but it would also be fun that day to go with Daddy & Mollie too. :)

FOUR
After Natalie's ballet class last night, we got in the car, and she said, "Mommy, I want the two girls. One, two (holding up two fingers). I wanna eat a chick-a-way, have chichen nuggets and lemonade and a TOY. And sit at the biiiiiig table." What can I say? She got her wish. :)

1 comment: